Monday, December 2, 2013

Soft and Chewy Apple Cider Caramels

Every once in a while I create a
recipe that makes me want to
share it with everyone I know.
When creating recipes it can take a couple
 of tries to perfect, tweak, get the right balance
of certain ingredients in order to have a
successful end product. Well after many
and I mean MANY tries of making these
caramels, I am SHOUTING out load
with a smile on my face..."I DID IT!"
These Apple Cider Caramels are
one of my absolute favorite caramels!
You care going to be amazed at just
how good they are.
 
Soft and Chewy Apple Cider Caramels
2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
2 Cups White Sugar
6 TBSP. Butter~ cut into pieces
1 1/2  teaspoon of Apple Pie Spice~ divided
1/2 Cup Boiled Cider ~ *see note below
1/2 teaspoon Salt
 
*Take 1 Cup Apple Cider and
boil it down until you receive a 1/2 Cup
of boiled cider.
 
Lightly grease a 9x9 pan, line with
parchment paper and lightly grease
the paper as well. Leave enough paper to
hand over the edges. This will make it easier to
remove the set caramel out of the pan.
In a large pot combine the cream, corn syrup,
sugar, butter, cider and 1/2 teaspoon of
the apple pie spice. Bring to a boil stirring until
all the sugar has dissolved. (make sure you place
your candy thermometer into the pot first thing)
When it reaches a boil, STOP stirring.
Reduce heat to med-high, cooking until the
candy reaches 248 degree's.
(It took me about 24 minutes)
Remove from heat, stir in salt and remaining
apple pie spice. Pour into your prepared pan.
Let caramel sit for a minute or 2 and then I
like to sprinkle the top with cinnamon/sugar.
Just enough to give it a little sparkle. ;)
Let cool and set. I made this late at night
and then just let it set over night.
Cut into small pieces by using a sharp
knife that you can dip into hot water
before each new cut. I then like to
wrap each piece in wax paper to keep fresh.
Store in an air tight container.
The perfect Holiday Treat,
Lark
 


1 comment:

The Better Baker said...

I am soooo sure I would go wild over these. YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...