Monday, November 25, 2013

Sweet Potato Casserole

Thanksgiving Holiday has always
been one of my favorite Holidays.
I love having a get together, I love
spending hours in the kitchen.
Preparing dishes that everyone looks
forward to each year. I feel as if I am
giving a personal "thank you" to each
individual that is partaking of the meal.
I have much to be grateful for,
and each Thanksgiving gives us
the opportunity to share that with
others. So even though you are not
sitting around MY table I want to
 express my gratitude for each and everyone
of you who take the time to support
me and my site. I am in awe just how many
come visit my site daily. THANK YOU!!
 Now what do you say we get cooking?
Believe it or not, I never had this
growing up. No one in my family
cared for sweet potato's. Although we did have
(My Mom made them with canned yams.)
Well since then I have come to really enjoy
the taste of sweet potatoes. This casserole is
simple to make, and can be served as a
side dish or even as a dessert.
 
Sweet Potato Casserole
4 Cups Sweet Potatoes~ peeled, cubed/cooked
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
4 TBSP. Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Toffee Pieces
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecan's *Optional
1 Cup Mini Marshmallows * Optional
1/4 Cup Honey
 
Preheat oven to 400
Mash potato's along with the butter.
Add in salt, nutmeg, cinnamon as well
as 1/2 cup of the brown sugar and toffee.
Spread into a 9x13 pan. Bake for 20 minutes
Remove from oven and top with remaining
brown sugar, toffee pieces.
**If you are adding in the pecans and marshmallows
you will just add them over the brown sugar/toffee
mixture.
Return to the oven and broil for a few minutes.
Watch carefully so it wont burn.
Before serving drizzle the honey
over top. DELISH!!
 
Happy Holidays,
Lark
 
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...