Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Candied Ginger Pear Bread

 Harvest time tends to give us a bounty
of fresh pears and apples. I love this time of
year. Baking is one of my most favorite
hobbies. So when I was baking several
loaves of quick bread, I thought up this
recipe....hoping it would be a hit with
my family and friends.
It was a HUGE success.
The little pieces of candied ginger in this
bread, makes it a special treat.
 
Candied Ginger Pear Bread 
1/2 Cup Butter~ softened
1 Cup Sugar
2 Egg's ~ Beaten
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Buttermilk
1 Cup Fresh Pear's~ peeled/chopped
1/4 Cup Candied Ginger
 
Preheat oven to 350
In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
Stir to combine. DO NOT BEAT.
Pour batter into a well greased
9x5 loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour.
*I also like to sprinkle the top of the
batter with some Cinnamon/ Sugar
before I bake it.
Let loaf cool completely
before you cut and serve.
*You can find Crystalized (Candied)
Ginger at your local grocery store.
Usually found in the Spice/Baking isle.
HAPPY HARVEST,
LARK
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...